Unattended Stove Causes Fire

style="float: right; margin-bottom: 10px; font-weight: 600;"Wed 18th Aug, 2010

Fuerstenfeldbruck. A woman fell asleep while waiting for her lunch to cook. The unattended stove caused a fire shortly after.

The 31 year old woman awoke to find the flat filling with smoke; she attempted to extiniguish the fire herself but it was too late. The entire kitchen of the family house was already in flames. The fire brigade from Fürstenfeldbruck and Aich arrived with breathing appartus and doused the fire.

The communal staircase was filled with smoke so each flat had to be ventilated. The woman suffered from smoke inhalation and was airlifted to hospital.

The fire brigade was able to stop the fire from spreading to other parts of the house. Damage caused to the kitchen furniture and the entire flat is estimated to be 20,000 Euro.

German Engineering Jobs
Write a comment ...
Post comment