Confessional Torched

style="float: right; margin-bottom: 10px; font-weight: 600;"Tue 23rd Feb, 2010

Eggstaett. St. George's Church in Eggstaett suffered minor fire damage on Sunday afternoon after a curtain in the confessional booth was set alight.

A candle was found inside the confessional and is the probable cause of the fire, reports merkur online. Police believe a repentant sinner went to confess all and took a candle with them, presumably to help light the way to forgiveness.  Unfortunately the sinner added another item to their list of bad deeds when they most likely accidentally torched the confessional.

Parishioners noticed the burning smell and alerted God's representatives in the vicinity who promptly doused the flames (with holy water, one would presume).

German Engineering Jobs
Write a comment ...
Post comment