This year the 185th Munich Oktoberfest will take place from 22 September to 07 October 2018 with both brand new attractions and a lot of traditional ones.
Adrenalin junkies can get their kick on the "Chaos Pendula" where riders are rotating on the end of a propeller-like arrangement. Two smaller arms add to the acceleration and let guests reach speeds of up to 80 km/h and create very abrupt and unexpected movements.
On the "Predator" two hydraulics-powered poles lift ten gondolas fifteen meters up in the air and once they get there, they start spinning and tumbling over at varying speeds.
After a two-year break, a unique attraction returns to the Oktoberfest in 2018: the "Hofphotograph" (Court Photographer), where you can have your vintage photo taken with nostalgic props, costumes and backdrops.
Being a regular part of the Oktoberfest since 2011 "The Oide Wiesn" will again take place in the southern part of the festival grounds. At this vintage festival area you can find historical costumes, traditional music and nostalgic rides in a more relaxed atmosphere. Please note that adults and children over the age of 14 have to pay an entrance fee of 3 EUR for this part. The entrance is free from 9pm.
A few safety regulations should be considered if you plan a visit to the Oktoberfest in 2018:
- Bags and backpacks with a volume of more than 3 litres and/or larger than 20cm x 15cm x 10cm are not allowed to be taken into the showgrounds ('Wiesn')
- Items which are strictly forbidden: Aerosol cans with dangerous content, acidic or staining substances. Also, objects considered a weapon are not permitted, including glass of any kind
- All bags and rucksacks will be checked by the security staff and will be tagged with a security check band. Personal medical devices or medication are allowed once cleared by security personnel
- On all Saturdays and on October 3rd (German Reunion public holiday) prams are not allowed on the showgrounds at any time. On any other day, prams are allowed until 6pm
- Pets are not allowed at the Oktoberfest
Check out all the details such as dates, opening hours, beer prices and how to get there on www.oktoberfest.de/en